Monday, June 9, 2008

Immune

Last week, when I came home from the Kindergarten Camping Trip, Stacia was lying in bed, surrounded by Kleenex and cold pills. She was feeling miserable, with a sore throat, aches, and a headache.

I consoled her by holding her close and giving her a big kiss. She said, "Don't kiss me--you'll get sick too."

"Oh, no I won't," I said. I went on to brag about my strong immunities. Working with kids and all. I talked smack about how I never get sick, how I can be around all kinds of viruses and not even sneeze.

And now, a week later, I have had to cancel all my lessons for today, as I lie on the couch with a down comforter, alternating between shaking with chills and sweating, with a 101.3 fever, a sore throat, massive body aches, and a headache.

So much for my strong immunities.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh! I hope you feel better soon! Next time just knock on wood when you're touting your immunity.