Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Smelly

A 10-year old piano student stopped playing mid-song at his lesson yesterday, crinkled his nose, and said, "Eeew, something stinks."

He looked at me and said, "Is it your feet?"

I mentally walked back through my day. Was there any reason my feet would be smelly? Had I gone for that run with Luna and then forgotten to shower? Did I accidentally eat something that gave me gas? Hmm...no, no, and no.

"I don't think so, " I said, honestly. "But we have had a sick dog at home. Maybe you can smell that."

He nodded, took his hands off the piano, and said empathetically, "Is it....flatulence?"

2 comments:

Rhea said...

I've been reading some of your music-teaching posts, and I love these funny stories!

Liz said...

Thanks, Bex! Kids are soooooo funny. I love having a job where I get to laugh almost every day.