Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Beastly Ivy, Part II

I once wrote a blog about the Ivy plant that was taking over my apartment. Well, now that I have moved into a house, the Ivy has more options. I had somewhat forgotten about the antics of that malevolent plant until yesterday morning when my roommate Holly came padding down the stairs, looking exhausted and sleepless.

"Holla," I said, "What's the matter?"

"I had a terrible dream," she said. She came and sat on the couch next to me and shook her head. "I dreamed that that plant of yours--the really long one in the kitchen---attacked me. It just wrapped its arms around me and sucked me in."

I was stunned. Holly doesn't read my blogs--she is the only person I know who can go three weeks without checking her email and not miss anything. So she had no idea that I have already had some serious concern about The Plant.

"Whoa, that's creepy," I told her. "I'm sorry. That Plant has a history of acting funny. Do you want me to move it?"

She said no, of course not, and went on about her day, but I'm starting to think that I might have to take drastic measures. Like splitting The Plant. Or trimming it. Haircut anyone?

No comments: