Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bass Clef

Guitar Class Day Three:

It was Music Theory time, so I had everyone set down their precious guitars and listen up to the exciting, riveting fun-filled world of basic music theory. I was explaining the Bass Clef by writing down the note names of each line and space on the staff. Skinny, ADHD boy (who had not been paying attention at all until this very moment) exlaimed, "I know how to remember the spaces! It's All Cows Eat Grass!"

I nodded and said, "Yes. You could also say, All Cars Eat Gas."

Skinny Boy said, "You mean All Cars Pass Gas."

I frowned. "No, there is no note called P for Pass. It's E for Eat." I pointed at the E space.

Skinny Boy leaned back in his chair and looked around at his hardcore nine-year-old rocker friends. "It is too All Cars Pass Gas." He paused, smirking ever so slightly. "What do you think the muffler is for?"

1 comment:

Nicole Johns said...

My momma loves your blog and she wanted me to tell you that you're a really good writer. :)