Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dress Stress

"Hello?"

"Hi, I am going to be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding and the dress needs some alterations. Can I make an appointment with you?"

"You have your bra and shoes, of course."

"Well...I hadn't really gotten that far yet."

"I can't help you unless you have your bra and shoes."

(Fidget, sigh, annoyed.) "Ok. I....I guess that makes sense. I just don't have them yet. Can I come in next week?"

"When's the wedding?"

"May 30."

(Horrified.) "OH NO! NOT ENOUGH TIME!"

"Ugh, well, I can come today but I don't have shoes or a bra."

(Snippity.) "There is nothing I can do for you. That's how it works. You have to have shoes and a bra. I can't do anything."

Angry. "Fine! I'll do it myself."

Click.

Ring, ring.

"Mom? Do you think I can alter my bridesmaid's dress on my own?"

"On your own?!"

"Yes. On my own. I have a sewing machine."

"I wouldn't even try. You might mess it up."

(Embittered, pouting.) "Ugh. I hate this process!"

(Judiciously.) "Honey? You have your shoes already, right?"

4 comments:

Mel said...

Fantastic. I love those moments in life. Hahahaha

rachel audrey said...

You just brightened up my day.

Brady said...

I think instead of a bra and shoes, you just need a staple gun and a lighter. I'm sure it'll turn out fine.

kelseychristiansonwilliams said...

you are so cute!