Sunday, March 9, 2008

Wanaka

This morning I am in a little mountain town called Wanaka, where I stayed at a hostel literally at the foot of the mountains. We are making a five hour drive today to Milford Sound, on the West Coast of the South Island. Yesterday we went to Mt. Cook, the hightest point in the Southern Alps, and hiked in furious winds, rain, and then sudden sunshine and saw the most amazing rainbow over the mountains!

I can't even begin to describe how beautiful it is here. I have heaps of pictures to post, when I have enough time online--so far I can only find expensive spots to pay for a few minutes at a time online.

Imagine waking up every morning to the sun rising over the Southern Alps, and falling asleep to the Southern hemisphere stars. It's unreal--any pictures I take can't even come close to how incredible it is.

That's all for now--my time is running out.

Cheers from Wanaka!

2 comments:

Mel said...

That sounds amazing. I am so jealous! Can't wait to see pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.